Author Topic: Run-time error 429: Active X component can't create object  (Read 10444 times)

Offline Olivia Mahaux

• View Profile
Run-time error 429: Active X component can't create object
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:57:09 »
Hi,

I saw a same topic in active X discussion however it doesn't relate to the issue I have apparently (sorry I am not a VBA expert).
I have Hugin Developer 8.3 (x64) installed, I developed API with C and this is working perfectly fine. Now I tried to develop some simple codes with COM and got the error message in subject (see also enclosed attachment). The code seems OK according to COM documentation available online. I added the HuginCOM-8_3-2_0-x64 library to the Microsoft visual basic references. I am pretty sure this is an issue with the VBA but don't know how to fix it. Could you please help?
Can this be linked to the version of Microsoft visual studio I have installed? (I have version 8 perhaps not in x64)
Thanks a lot

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Run-time error 429: Active X component can't create object
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 16:32:11 »
Hi Olivia,

Good to hear from you.

It seems like the HUGIN version and MS Excel version are misaligned. You need to make sure that both are either 32-bit or 64-bit. They cannot be mixed.

If your MS Excel is 32-bit, then you need to use HUGIN Deverloper 32-bit. You should be able to install HUGIN Developer 32-bit next to your 64-bit. They should not conflict.

Hope this helps.
Anders
HUGIN EXPERT A/S