Author Topic: File exchange between Hugin and Netica  (Read 18738 times)

Offline Jerry

• View Profile
File exchange between Hugin and Netica
« on: August 04, 2010, 12:16:02 »
We have both Hugin and Netica deployed in our institute. How can we convert a Hugin model to a Netica model, and vice versa? It seems GeNIe can open and save both formats. It is unstable, however. Conversion is often incomplete.  What else can we try? Thanks,

Jerry

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: File exchange between Hugin and Netica
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 14:53:24 »
Hi Jerry,

We do not have a tool for converting network specifications between HUGIN format and Netica format.

One option would be to write a simple convertion program using, e.g., Perl or a similar language. I do not think you will be able to make a one-to-one mapping as HUGIN has structures which are not supported by Netica (e.g., Function and Continuous nodes).

You can find a detailed documentation of the HUGIN Network File format in the HUGIN API reference manual chapter 12.

I'm sorry not to be of more help.
HUGIN EXPERT A/S

Offline Jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 15:55:39 »
Thanks anyway. The worst case scenario is that we manually rebuild networks in Netica (or Hugin). I hope we don't need to do this often though.

Offline MarcoGV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 22:42:53 »
Hi Anders,

I wonder whether you know of a conversion tool; maybe someone posted one since you answered the original post?

Best regards,

Marco

Hi Jerry,

We do not have a tool for converting network specifications between HUGIN format and Netica format.

One option would be to write a simple convertion program using, e.g., Perl or a similar language. I do not think you will be able to make a one-to-one mapping as HUGIN has structures which are not supported by Netica (e.g., Function and Continuous nodes).

You can find a detailed documentation of the HUGIN Network File format in the HUGIN API reference manual chapter 12.

I'm sorry not to be of more help.

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 20:03:32 »
Hi Marco,

No, unfortunately, I do not know of any conversion tool. How many and how complex are the models you need to convert? I'm assuming you are converting from Netica to HUGIN.

Best regards
anders
HUGIN EXPERT A/S