Author Topic: Challenging dynamic range problem  (Read 7334 times)

Offline poorbokeh

• View Profile
Challenging dynamic range problem
« on: June 16, 2015, 17:53:46 »
Hi Folks,

I'm working on a project that's giving problems I can't figure out. I've photographed and stitched a panorama of a living room that has pretty high dynamic range as the image includes darker corners of the room and brightly lit areas. The first go-round worked out very well, retaining detail in the shadows and the brightly lit walls.

However, I took the same batch of images and switched out one of them with a picture that included the homeowners. I stitched in the one image, using all the previously made control points with the other images. Now, the image with the brightly lit wall/ceiling is blown out. I didn't change any setting that I know of, but I can't improve that blown out image. I tried changing the EV, and while that brings in more detail in the highlights the darker portions are now too dark.

If anyone has some good suggestions I'd love to hear them.

On a related note, there are so many features in Hugin that I don't understand (image adjustments - exposure, alignment, etc.). I've tried to keep my workflow as simple as possible so that I don't get lost in the quicksand of options, but if there's a consolidated 'manual' to help me understand all the features (I currently search through tutorials when needed) I'd really appreciate being pointed to it.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Challenging dynamic range problem
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:41:50 »
HUGIN EXPERT A/S