Author Topic: Most Likely Configuration  (Read 14456 times)

Offline andersrm

• View Profile
Most Likely Configuration
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:38:51 »
How does one determine most likely configuration (or most probable explanation) using the Hugin GUI?  Is it even possible?  It is mentioned in the Help page on Junction Tree, but there is no explanation that I could discover on how to do it.

andersrm

Offline Martin

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Most Likely Configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 16:18:47 »
You can check out the max-propagate normal button (look for 'Max Propagation' in the manual), and Network -> Analysis -> Joint Configurations wizard (look for 'Joint Probability Distribution' in the manual).
Hugin Expert A/S

Offline andersrm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:35:04 »
max propagate normal is grayed out.  And, I get an error when I use the wizard to go to Joint Analysis.  For "variables" I enter "No group", because I want to calculate the MPE over the entire network; but again I get an error, "invalid argument passed to a function". 

I have decision nodes in my network and I think the MPE function cannot be done to such a network.  One fix is to make the decision nodes chance nodes for purposes of this calculation.  Any reason one would recommend against that?

andersrm

Offline Martin

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 15:41:48 »
Max propagation is not supported for networks with decisions and/or utilities.
Joint configurations wizard does not work with decision nodes either (although utility nodes are ignored).

If you convert decision nodes to chance nodes, then you can use the joint configurations wizard.
Hugin Expert A/S