Author Topic: Mapping A Wafer Using Hugin  (Read 12513 times)

Offline rangerguy

• View Profile
Mapping A Wafer Using Hugin
« on: October 25, 2011, 17:20:53 »
Hi,

I am new to using Hugin and panorama stitching in general. I was hoping to use Hugin to stitch together a great deal of high resolution pictures of a semiconductor wafer and I have a few questions about Hugin's capabilities in general.

Basically, each picture is taken through an automated process which moves the stage of the microscope and takes a picture. After each picture, it will move and take another picture and so forth until it covers the entire wafer and every picture is taken from the same perspective, with similar lighting. The problem is that there are very few "features" in the pictures that I can use as control points. Despite there being around 20 to 30% overlap, Hugin isn't able to pick up the very small similarities between pictures.

After this, I tried manually stitching by just changing the x and y shift variables(seeing as there is no difference in the angle or size of the pictures) and cropping out any overlap, but when I did this the picture size seemed to decrease or get slightly warped as I moved down the panorama(not sure why as I had no barrel specified).

I was wondering if there is a better way to "blindly" stitch the pictures or tweak the control point algorithm to get the 2 dimensional stitching that I've been trying to achieve?

Thanks,

Charlie

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Mapping A Wafer Using Hugin
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 21:08:36 »
HUGIN EXPERT A/S

Offline rangerguy

• View Profile
Re: Mapping A Wafer Using Hugin
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 21:53:48 »