Author Topic: Changing causal value on Hugin  (Read 17722 times)

Offline sarac

• View Profile
Changing causal value on Hugin
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:37:53 »
Hi,

I did my first tutorial on this software yesterday. I would like to know how I could change the initial causal value. I believe it is default to (0.5,0.5).

Please help.

Cheers,
Sara

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Changing causal value on Hugin
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 15:48:26 »
The content of the conditional probability distribution of a node can be changed by selecting the node, press right mouse button, and select "open table".

Hope this helps
HUGIN EXPERT A/S

Offline sarac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 03:54:43 »
Thank you for the reply.

However, I want to change the initial causal value. I know that I could change the CPT by doing as the suggested. Do you have any idea on how to do this?

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:37:57 »
Please explain what you mean by
the initial causal value
HUGIN EXPERT A/S

Offline sarac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:33:10 »
as for the initial causal value, i am referring to the starting value that initial the BBN. I might be wrong but i thought we need to initialies the causal and evidence value at the start. most people tend to choose 50,50 for it's causal and 1,1 for its evidence. hope this clear what i meant by the initial causal value.

cheers.

Offline Anders L Madsen

• HUGIN Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 21:54:35 »
The initial probabilities computed in the BBN when compiled are determined by the content of the conditional probability distributions (CPDs) specified in the BBN. Once compiled you can enter hard evidence on a node by pressing the left mouse button twice on the corresponding state in the node monitor windows (opened by selecting the node and pressing the right mouse button and selecting open monitor window). Soft evidence can be entered by pressing the right mouse button in the monitor window and selecting the corresponding option.

Once the BBN has been fully specified, i.e., the graph and CPDs are defined, the BBN can be compiled. You may then enter hard or soft evidence as needed..

Hope this is useful
HUGIN EXPERT A/S